Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Something noteworthy

I wanted to start a series on here, for the weeks when I'm not particularly inspired to be creative. I wanted to write about people who I find 'noteworthy', hense the title.

To begin, I had been fortunate enough to have my crafting hero answer some questions for me, but then some things came up and I've decided to write up her interview another time.




The last few weeks, my head has felt like it was going to implode - I've felt a literal pressure building inside my skull. We lost another house contract, no one is really interested in ours, it's all costing money we don't have and then I found out on Monday, that there has been a monumental stuff up at the kindy. Not only have we never paid a cent for Big's fees, but they are twice as much as we were told they would be. Massive debt.

None of my toys have sold since September. Centrelink told me I'm at home, so "you don't need childcare". I will neither confirm nor deny that I called David at work and sobbed uncontrollably into the phone until he had to hang up.

Here is the noteworthy bit - I have amazing friends! Friends who can see past the rubbish and love me anyway.



Monday morning, I went to visit my gorgeous friend, Alana. Her little one was teething and clingy, her big girl and Little refused to get on, but we talked craft and art (her work is amazing. She is so talented!) and she emailed me a truckload of links for online stores that she loves.

I find Alana so amazing. She eats organic, knows her natural therapies inside and out and gently offers suggestions, rather than being judgemental. She truly is beautiful inside and out and when I left her house, I felt so refreshed after sitting in the silent bush (they have no neighbours) talking and enjoying her company.

On Wednesday, I went to see an equally gorgeous, talented, artistic friend. She is a rare treasure indeed. Bek nursed my darling sister-in-law so selflessly in her last days. Bek is unwell herself and has 3 kids, but she is so generous with her time.

So I drove up the hill to see her. We chatted, crafted, laughed, drank tea, ate chocolate and she made me the most delicious lunch! We realised how much we have in common and gushed over how beautiful each other's children are.

I drove home feeling lighter than I had in such a long time. The pressure in my head dissipated and I felt happy.



When I got home, I checked my emails. I had deliberately not checked them while visiting Bek. I had taken Alana's advice and signed up for one of the sites - making my first sale within 24 hours!!

I am so lucky to have wonderful friends. Bek and Alana are just two of them and their love and generosity is truly noteworthy.

(Don't foget about the giveaway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment